The right lighting fixture can make a place productive and happier. It impacts sleep, mood, appetite, behavior, desire, and memory. Chandeliers come in a lot of varieties. A crystal chandelier is amongst the most popular ones. However, not all crystal chandeliers that you find in the market are pure. Some of them can be just a glass chandelier.
To invest in the right chandelier to suit the decoration of a room, you should understand the differences between them. The tips provided in the article will help you find whether a chandelier is a glass or a crystal one.
Identifying The Pure Crystal Chandelier
Check The Lead Content
Crystal chandeliers give away more color. The fundamental difference between a pure crystal and glass is the lead content. In the US, a pure crystal has one percent of lead or more. However, in Europe, glass becomes a crystal only when the amount of lead contained in it exceeds ten percent.
If you are looking for more choice in the lighting fixture, then visit Sofary. They work with a mission to bring beautiful lighting fixtures to every home via commitment and fair pricing to their customers. Here are a few steps you need to do to find the difference between a crystal and a glass.
Examine the Weight
Hold the piece and assess the weight. The amount of lead varies from 1% to 40% in a crystal. Glass has a comparatively more amount of lead in it. This makes it denser than a crystal.
Look At The Clarity
Look at each piece very closely. If you find it clearer and you can clearly see through it then it is a crystal. The clarity you get is proportional to the amount of content in it. Lead enables the passing of more white light through it. In this way, it maximizes diffraction and creates an easily recognizable bright spectrum of light.
Another sign that differentiates between a glass and a crystal is the robustness of the piece. A crystal is made of copper, iron, bronze, brass, etc., which makes it robust.
- Natural crystal provides a feeling of cold exposure.
- Natural crystals are big, and would not leave traces/ scratches.
- When a crystal is put on a polarizer starts to rotate 360 degrees. You can also see a bright change in the color intensity.
- If you do not see any change, then it is an artificial crystal. Another trick to find a natural crystal is by placing it on the human hair. When seeing through the eye, you can easily see the human hair. This is not the case with artificial crystal.
- Light has electromagnetic energy that is carried from one nerve to another and one nerve to muscle in the body. Use a magnifying glass to see the transmission light pass through them. In the artificial crystal, they are seen in the form of a bubble.
Both glass and a crystal chandelier come with their share of advantages. These are some of the best ways to identify the chandelier that will help you find the best one for your needs.