The Tesla Powerwall has been a choice option for homeowners as an energy source when the grid goes down. It stores energy, detects outages, and keeps appliances running when paired with a solar energy system and recharged with energy from the sun. It remains one of the most popular solar batteries produced.
In addition to this home energy storage, there are other top-performing New Orleans Tesla Powerwall alternatives to allow you to control your power consumption and determine where energy goes in your home to lower your grid consumption.
Explore the leaders in solar energy batteries so you can make your choice wisely when the Tesla Powerwall is out of your options.
Sonnen Eco Solar Battery
Sonnen is a German company that has focused on the production of solar batteries. It has marketed its batteries in the United States through a network of installers since 2017. Its newest battery storage system called the Sonnen Eco melds together solar energy with features benefiting even the most technologically-advanced smart home.
Here are the useful features of this battery that reflect the company’s commitment to advancing technologies:
- It includes a built-in inverter, making it a home backup system.
- Offered in a variety of sizes, from 5-kilowatt hours to 20-kilowatt hours. 5kWh is enough to power your home for a few hours per evening but you can add-on banks up to 20 kWh.
- It has a smart system that allows you to manage where energy is being sent throughout your household.
- It collects data that you can use to create an energy profile that the battery backup system will use to learn about your power needs and solar capacity over time.
- It has a 10-year warranty with the assurance that the battery will maintain up to 70% of its storage capacity over its lifespan.
The downsides of Sonnen Eco solar battery are: it is more expensive than its competitors selling at $9,000 before installation and it is too small to store enough energy for users who consume energy heavily. Hence, it is best used by homeowners with small homes or are low consumers of power.
LG Chem RESU Battery
If you need a battery that can capture solar energy and store it for later use for your home, this can be an option for your New Orleans Tesla Powerwall alternative. It is a lithium-ion battery that stores excess energy during a home’s lowest energy consumption and disperses it during peak energy consumption periods. Its features include:
- A day-to-day battery pack that charges and discharges over a traditional 24-hour period.
- They come with a variety of storage capacities up to 13kWh that should be more than adequate for homes.
- Has a slightly higher round-trip efficiency of approximately 96%.
- It has a 10-year warranty.
- It is a more commonly used alternative so troubleshooting and information gathering will be easier for you.
The disadvantage of this battery system is that the battery is ensured to work to 60% capacity only over its lifespan of 10 years.
The Fortress Power eVault
This is one of the most affordable New Orleans Tesla Powerwall alternatives. It looks promising even if it uses LFP technology, which is relatively new. These are the ways it can perform better than Tesla:
- Its use of the LFP technology makes it much safer than the Lithium-Ion batteries in the Tesla Powerwall.
- It has a massive size of 18.5 kWh giving it the lowest cost per kWh.
- The battery is self-contained and has wheels, so it is very convenient to install the batteries on your own and roll them around wherever you need it.
- Each eVault can last up to 6000 cycles, double the cycles in the Tesla Powerwall.
Considering These Other Options for Your Solar Energy System
There are many New Orleans Tesla Powerwall alternatives. We just presented three of the best viable applications that will work for your solar energy system. What alternative will work best for you will largely depend on your budget, your location, your home energy consumption, and the features you like to have in your system.